“I couldn’t understand why people were buying subprime mortgages. I couldn’t understand why people were buying dot-com stocks that had no revenues, let alone earnings. People do a lot of foolish things, until they stop. And eventually a light bulb is going to go off in somebody’s head and they’re going to realize that we can’t pay our bills. That buying a 30-year treasury at a 4% yield is a sucker’s bet. There’s no way you’re going to get your money back in real terms.”
Related ETFs: ProShares UltraShort 20+ Year Trea (ETF) (Public, NYSE:TBT), iShares Barclays 20+ Yr Treas.Bond (ETF) (Public, NYSE:TLT)
Peter Schiff`s comments on the economy, stock markets, politics and gold. Schiff is the renowned writer of the bestseller Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse.
- ► 2013 (395)
- ► 2012 (438)
- ► 2011 (308)
- Why The Fed Will Not Raise Interest Rates
- We Need To Restore Free-Market Principles
- Steve Forbes` Endorsement
- General Motors Should Focus On Selling Cars To Con...
- Why Not Another World War?
- Buying A 30-Year Treasury At A 4% Yield Is A Sucke...
- Euro, Dollar And Gold Outlook
- 6th Weekly Decline For The US Dollar
- Fortify Your Portfolio With Mining Stocks
- The Senate Passed A Financial Overhaul That Balloo...
- I Want Market Forces To Determine Which Energy Sou...
- Why Is The Dollar So Weak?
- The Dollar Is Going To Fall (Video)
- This Financial Reform Bill Is Washington Theatrics...
- Financial Reform: The 2 Scariest Words
- Video Market Update: July 13
- People Have To Work To Support The Government
- Washington Is Destroying Our Future
- How an Economy Grows and Why It Crashes (Book))
- Americans Are Going To Be Spending A Lot Less On C...
- Efforts Have Failed To Create Any Meaningful Forwa...
- There Is A Lack Of Economic Understanding In This ...
- What We Need To Grow Our Economy
- The Job Report Revealed Continued Weakness In The ...
- Financial Bill Will Do Nothing To Prevent The Next...
- The More The Government Stimulates The Economy, Th...
- ▼ July (26)
- ► 2009 (280)