We're in the early stages of a depression now. It's going to be a horrific experience for average Americans who are going to watch their standard of living plunge. The cost of living is going to escalate dramatically. We are going to see soaring prices for the basic necessities of life, like energy, clothing, and other things. Education and health-care costs are going to continue to spiral out of control. Millions of more Americans are going to lose their jobs, and all of us are going to lose our freedoms and our rights. As the government gets bigger, it tries to end the crisis; but its policies are creating, perpetuating, and making it worse.
The sad fact is these policies are going to wipe out the middle class. They're going to wipe out the poor; they're going to wipe out retirees. Accumulated savings is going to be blown.
There is no economic recovery. All we did is spend more borrowed money. We dug ourselves into a deeper hole, and now we're in even more trouble than before Obama ascended to the presidency.
Peter Schiff`s comments on the economy, stock markets, politics and gold. Schiff is the renowned writer of the bestseller Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse.
Related ETFs: United States Oil Fund LP (ETF) (NYSE:USO), ProShares UltraShort S&P500 (ETF) (NYSE:SDS), SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSE:SPY), iShares Silver Trust (ETF) (NYSE:SLV)
- ► 2013 (395)
- ► 2012 (438)
- ► 2011 (308)
- We Are Heading Into Hyperinflation
- GDP Report, Bernanke Statement And Gold Stocks
- The Little Book of Bull Moves in Bear Markets (Upd...
- Latest Market Update: Markets And The US Dollar
- Recipe For Disaster
- Millions Of More Americans Are Going To Lose Their...
- Latest Market Update: US Dollar, US Economy And Tr...
- There Is No Economic Recovery
- The Value Of The US Dollar
- I Ignore The Certainties Determined By Wall Street...
- Eventually Gold Is Going To Go Ballistic
- We Are Going To See A Huge Contraction In GDP Rega...
- Next Crisis Is Likely To Be Worse
- The Government Has To Get Out Of The Way
- Video Market Update: US Dollar, Yen, Oil Prices An...
- I Want To Slash The Size Of The Government
- US Dollar, Japanese Style Economy And A Big Fat Wh...
- We Have Been Living Beyond Our Means
- ▼ August (18)
- ► 2009 (280)