Long ago, before economic models developed their current levels of sophistication, it used to be that the goal of a government's economic policy was to bring prosperity to its citizens; in other words, to raise the general level of material comfort, while at the same time reducing the amount of toil required to attain that end.
However, due to the blather spouted by modern economists, success is no longer measured in those terms. Instead, governments simply look to pump up nominal levels of gross domestic product (GDP), while simultaneously catering to the needs of entrenched political classes.
Peter Schiff`s comments on the economy, stock markets, politics and gold. Schiff is the renowned writer of the bestseller Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse.
- December (8)
- November (8)
- October (9)
- September (37)
- August (38)
- July (24)
- June (43)
- May (43)
- April (37)
- March (40)
- February (50)
- January (39)
- December (39)
- November (42)
- October (45)
- September (40)
- August (36)
- July (44)
- June (32)
- May (43)
- April (18)
- March (33)
- February (31)
- January (35)
- December (32)
- November (35)
- October (38)
- September (36)
- August (32)
- July (22)
- June (19)
- May (27)
- April (11)
- March (22)
- February (10)
- January (24)
- December (20)
- November (25)
- G20: We Are The "F" Students Giving Advice To Hono...
- When You Buy A Foreign Stock, You Buy A Foreign Cu...
- As Long As The World Will Lend Us Money, Our Polit...
- CNBC Video Interview: US Dollar Will Fall Into Unc...
- The Real Employment Situation. The Unemployment Ra...
- Video Market Update, October 25.
- America Needs To Save More. Not To Go Deeper Into ...
- I Don’t Know How The G20 Can Take Geithner Serious...
- US No.1 Offender To Blame For Global Imbalances
- The US Consumer Is A Drag On The World Economy, No...
- The Currency War (Max Keiser Video Interview)
- Gold Shaking Out The Weak Players.
- Market Update: Chinese Rate Hike Impacts The US Do...
- Video: Its Scary How Clueless Bernanke Is.
- The Average American Is Going To Have To Suffer Be...
- Our Economy Is Not A Free Market Economy
- The Bond Bubble
- US Dollar: 7 Consecutive Weekly Declines
- The US Dollar Weakness, Currency Wars
- Gold Will Continue To Rise
- Agricultural, China And Energy Stocks.
- About 50 Percent Of My Portfolio Is In Gold And Si...
- Expect A One-To-One Ratio Between Gold And The Dow...
- The Market Has Certainly Lost Any Hope Of Price St...
- Videoblog: US Dollar Weakness, Agricultural Commod...
- Calamity Was Not Averted But Merely Delayed
- The Final Push Toward Dollar Collapse
- The Fed Now Faces The Hardest Choices In Its Histo...
- There Is More Fear Then Greed In The Gold Market.
- Video Market Update: The Dollar Is Losing Value
- Competitive Devaluations And Gold
- I Will Be Speaking At One Of The World's Most Resp...
- Market Update: Gold And Currency Wars
- Without Better Understanding Of Where These Parame...
- The Bond Market Is The Mother Of All Bubbles
- Governments Simply Look To Pump Up Nominal Levels ...
- The Big Guns Of Dollar Destruction Are Being Locke...
- Market Update: Gold, Silver, Gold Stocks And The D...
- The Race To The Bottom
- September (25)
- August (18)
- July (26)
- June (30)
- May (35)
- April (22)
- March (27)
- February (16)
- January (17)
- December (22)
- November (26)
- October (25)
- September (21)
- August (16)
- July (22)
- June (16)
- May (18)
- April (29)
- March (68)
- February (17)