Economic data over the past weeks, punctuated by last week's dismal employment reports, confirm the diminishing impact of the stimulus efforts orchestrated by the Obama Administration and the Federal Reserve.
In what must be a huge disappointment to Keynesian enthusiasts, the record doses of both monetary and fiscal narcotics did not produce the desired results. In fact, the size and scope of the "recovery" of the past two years was weaker than would have been expected in a typical business cycle recovery without any stimulus whatsoever. Indeed our current recovery is the weakest on record, despite the biggest jolt of government stimulus ever administered. - in Europac Global Investor Newsletter
Tickers: ProShares UltraShort 20+ Year Trea (ETF) (TBT) iShares Barclays 20+ Yr Treas.Bond (ETF) (TLT) iShares Lehman 7-10 Yr Treas. Bond (ETF) (IEF), Powershares DB Base Metals Fund (ETF) (DBB), United States Oil Fund LP (ETF) (USO), ProShares UltraShort S&P500 (ETF) (SDS), SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY), iShares Russell 2000 Index (ETF) (IWM), ProShares UltraShort QQQ (ETF) (QID), SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF (DIA), iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSE:VXX), iShares MSCI Emerging Markets Indx (ETF) (EEM), PowerShares QQQ Trust, Series 1 (ETF) (QQQ)
Peter Schiff`s comments on the economy, stock markets, politics and gold. Schiff is the renowned writer of the bestseller Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse.
- What Is Full Employment To Janet Yellen?
- Momentum Stocks Are Having Trouble
- Quantitative Easing (QE) Is An Euphemism For Inflation
- China: No Evidence That Demand For Gold Will Slow
- Video: The Bullish Case For Gold
- People Are Starving For Yield
- What The Stock Market Really Wants
- Why the Fed Can`t Raise Interest Rates
- What Separates A Rich Country From A Poor Country
- Jack Lew: Germany Needs More Inflation
- ► 2013 (395)
- ► 2012 (438)
- The US Sovereign Debt Problem
- Silver Can Go To 200 USD An Ounce
- This Is A Huge Wall Of Worry And Everybody Is More...
- Video: The Lies a Fed Chairman Tells
- Graduating In Debt With No Real Marketable Skills
- Double Dip & Then Triple Dip
- Video Market Update: Greece, QE3
- Labor And Capital Must Be Re-Allocated Away From S...
- The Quality Of Economic Data.
- The US Economy Is Weakening Even WIth Record Monet...
- Money Printing And The End Result
- The Economy Is Already Relapsing Into Recession Be...
- The Parallel Between Drug Addiction And The Relian...
- Our Current Recovery Is The Weakest On Record, Des...
- The Stimulus Is Wearing Off And The Much Anticipat...
- We Need A Gold Standard
- The US Dollar Is In Terminal Decline
- Gold Is Money And Nothing Else
- Video Commentary: Market Sell Off
- ▼ June (19)
- ► 2010 (300)
- ► 2009 (280)