East Asia is my favorite region of the world. I think that’s where you’re
going to see the most dynamic economic growth and the most opportunity. Take Singapore. I just love Singapore as an economy – it has minimal government interference, low taxes, and low regulation.
For example, Singapore is one of the only countries in the world that doesn’t have a minimum wage – which, as far as I’m concerned, is one of the stupidest price controls ever devised.
Almost every other country in the world has adopted it. Singapore hasn’t, and their unemployment rate is around 2 percent! one of the reasons that they basically have no unemployment in Singapore is because they don’t punish employers, and they don’t interfere with the labor market the way all these other countries do.
Singapore has a huge trade surplus on a per capita basis, they have a high savings rate, and they’re very much exposed to the growth in China – which should tremendously benefit its economy and its currency.
I also think the Singapore dollar is a safe-haven currency.
Peter Schiff`s comments on the economy, stock markets, politics and gold. Schiff is the renowned writer of the bestseller Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse.
- Momentum Stocks Are Having Trouble
- Quantitative Easing (QE) Is An Euphemism For Inflation
- China: No Evidence That Demand For Gold Will Slow
- Video: The Bullish Case For Gold
- People Are Starving For Yield
- What The Stock Market Really Wants
- Why the Fed Can`t Raise Interest Rates
- What Separates A Rich Country From A Poor Country
- Jack Lew: Germany Needs More Inflation
- Australian Dollar (AUD): Clear Sailing For Much Higher Levels
- ► 2013 (395)
- ► 2012 (438)
- Silver Will Eventually Go Through 50 USD
- The Regulation We Want Is The Market
- Capitalism Is The Solution
- Foreign Buying Impact On The US Housing Market
- Peter Schiff at OWS: "Walmart Doesn't Hold a Gun t...
- How Excessive Government Intervention Hinders Econ...
- There Is Too Much Pessimism On The Euro
- Bullish On The Euro: Year End Target Near 1.48
- All Protective Labor Laws, Including Minimum Wage ...
- In Normal Market Conditions, Speculators Lessen Vo...
- We Need To Restore Capitalism
- Video: Live From Occupy Wall Street
- If We Go Back To The Gold Standard What Will Happe...
- US Stocks Are Overpriced
- A Note On The Housing Market
- Video: An Obama Speech, Debt and China
- Gold: Dips Are A Good Opportunity To Buy
- Herman Cain`s 9-9-9 Plan & A Forth "9".
- I Do Believe That It The Decline In U.S. Treasurie...
- How To Silence A Nobel Prize Winning Economist: As...
- The US Economy Is Just Trying To Survive The Regul...
- Gold Prices Are Going A Lot Higher
- The Federal Reserve Is Not Out Of Bullets. They Wi...
- Regulations Are Running Up The Cost Of Doing Busin...
- There`s No Jobs Because There`s No Recovery
- The Singapore Dollar Is A Safe Haven
- Currency Outlook: The Euro & The Swiss Franc
- The US Dollar Has Been The Titanic
- Elementary Economics: Is Obama Smarter Than A 2nd ...
- Currency Outlook: Scandinavian Currencies
- The Government Has Really Discredited Capitalism
- Peter Schiff Vs. Michael Moore
- Video: Currency Plays Outside The US Dollar
- Gold Is Real Money. Everything Else Is Just A Subs...
- It Always Surprises Me That Most US Investors Stil...
- Third Quarter: Wrap-Up
- Currencies Outlook: Canadian Dollar
- Currencies Outlook: British Pound
- ▼ October (38)
- ► 2010 (300)
- ► 2009 (280)