The Fed is also choosing to ignore the fact that inflation is already running north of 3 percent. Instead, they have conveniently come up with their own measure of inflation, which comes in just a shade below the Fed's arbitrary 2 percent "acceptable" target.
This announcement is a slap in the face to anyone who earns, saves, and invests in dollars. So, it's no surprise to me that investors, financial institutions, and foreign governments are turning to gold and silver in larger and larger numbers. - in Euro Pacific Precious Metals
Related ETFs, IShares Silver ETF (SLV), SPDR Gold Trust ETF (GLD)
Peter Schiff`s comments on the economy, stock markets, politics and gold. Schiff is the renowned writer of the bestseller Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse.
- Video: The Bullish Case For Gold
- People Are Starving For Yield
- What The Stock Market Really Wants
- Why the Fed Can`t Raise Interest Rates
- What Separates A Rich Country From A Poor Country
- Jack Lew: Germany Needs More Inflation
- Australian Dollar (AUD): Clear Sailing For Much Higher Levels
- Market Volatility Is The Big Story
- U.S. Economy: The Weather Excuse
- Hedge Funds: They Are Like Ultra-Long Risk Funds
- ► 2013 (395)
- Schiff on RT TV
- Had The Fed Raised Rates Sooner...
- The Fed Just Wants To Keep The Music Going Until T...
- Schiff Radio: Interviewing Jim DeMint
- The Federal Reserve Has Put Another Large Crack In...
- Gold: A Low-Risk, High-Return Asset
- CNBC Video Interview: Why Are Stocks So Strong?
- The Federal Reserve Is Ignoring Inflation
- Gold Is Rallying Again
- The Invisible Hand Versus The Heavy Hand Of Govern...
- We Are Not A Collectivist Society
- The Schiff Report: US Economy Outlook
- Capitalism Means Private Profits And Private Losse...
- 2012 Presidential Race
- Q&A: Retirement Assets
- Fox Business Video Interview
- Recessions In A Free Market System
- There`s No Way We Are Going To Pay The Debt
- The Peter Schiff Show: Kotlikoff Interview
- The U.S. And Italy Have Very Similar National Debt...
- Video Market Update
- Long Term Investing
- A Nickel Ain`t Worth A Dime Anymore
- We Must Repudiate Big Government
- Positioning For A Dollar Crash
- Free Market Capitalism
- The Longer We Postpone, The Bigger The Problems Wi...
- The Problem With Socialism
- An Opportunity To Buy Contra-Dollar Assets on the ...
- The US Dollar Is Riding Higher But...
- This Could Be The Year That Gold Beats Its Inflati...
- The Reason Our Economy Got Into So Much Trouble
- 2012 Presidential Race
- The Fundamentals Have Never Been Better For Gold
- CNBC Video: Gold Outlook
- ▼ January (35)
- ► 2011 (308)
- ► 2010 (300)
- ► 2009 (280)