I've seen markets like this before, and by making some reasonable inferences, I have a good picture of how this could play out. Gold will continue testing the $1,600 barrier until it surprises to the upside.
This could be spurred by the announcement of QE III, a calming of fears in Europe, or any shock to the Treasury market. Treasuries have temporarily overtaken gold as the primary safe-haven asset. Once that dynamic is broken, I believe the counter flow into gold will be tremendous. - in Seeking Alpha
Related: SPDR Gold Trust ETF (GLD), Newmont Mining (NEM), Barrick Gold (ABX), Goldcorp (GG), Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX)
Peter Schiff`s comments on the economy, stock markets, politics and gold. Schiff is the renowned writer of the bestseller Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse.
- Momentum Stocks Are Having Trouble
- Quantitative Easing (QE) Is An Euphemism For Inflation
- China: No Evidence That Demand For Gold Will Slow
- Video: The Bullish Case For Gold
- People Are Starving For Yield
- What The Stock Market Really Wants
- Why the Fed Can`t Raise Interest Rates
- What Separates A Rich Country From A Poor Country
- Jack Lew: Germany Needs More Inflation
- Australian Dollar (AUD): Clear Sailing For Much Higher Levels
- ► 2013 (395)
- Romney Is More Likely To Entertain A Free Market S...
- There's A Direct Correlation Between The Size Of A...
- The Key To Escaping Poverty Is Productivity
- Schiff On Fox Business News: Live From Tampa, FL
- In Many Countries Gasoline Is A Luxury
- Gold Standard And A Membership In The Flat Earth S...
- Paper Money: Every Time It Has Been Used, It Has L...
- Republicans Considering The Return To The Gold Sta...
- BookTV Interview at FreedomFest 2012
- QE3 Was Never Off The Table
- The Fed Readies QE3, Republicans Re-Consider The G...
- CNBC Video: The Fundamentals Are Phenomenal For Go...
- The Real Sovereign Debt Crisis
- More QE`s Than Rocky Movies
- Video: Gold Breaks Out
- Akin, Rape And Abortion: The Truth Behind The Cont...
- What About Money Causes Economic Crises?
- As Our Standard Of Living Declines...
- The Debate Over Balancing The Federal Budget Has B...
- Endless QE, Ryan Budget All Hope No Change, Has Th...
- Video: The Estate Tax Needs To Die
- Video: Gold Lease Rate & Gold Prices
- Industrial Cities Vs. College Towns
- Paying More Money For Food
- The Risk Is Not Properly Perceived
- The Perfect Storm
- 2008 Was Just An Overture
- The Glory Days Are Over For The Bond Market
- Interest Rates Cannot Stay Low Forever
- The U.S. Economy Is Stagnating At Best And Activel...
- Medicine Doesn't Taste Good Sometimes
- Fox Business Video Interview
- The Counter Flow Into Gold Will Be Tremendous
- Gold: Surprises To The Upside
- Social Media: A Lot Of These Companies Are Going T...
- If You Thought 2008 Was Bad...You Ain't Seen Nothi...
- ▼ August (36)
- ► 2011 (308)
- ► 2010 (300)
- ► 2009 (280)