August 9, 2012

The Glory Days Are Over For The Bond Market

I think the glory days are over for the Bond market... maybe they are not over today... I have been saying this for a while just like I was warning earlier about the housing bubble.

I think more investors who have sought out bonds as an alternative to weak performance in stocks, I think that's where the next catastrophe is going to be as far as catastrophic losses. And not just in treasuries as I think any long term debt instrument denominated in dollars is going to go down but particularly sovereign credit.

People perceive it as being safe. The way I look at it there is only two alternatives for bond holders, either they lose due to default or they lose due to inflation. - in Fox Business News 

Related: iShares Barclays 20+ Year Treasury Bond ETF (TLT), ProShares UltraShort 20+ Year Treasuries (ETF) 

Peter Schiff`s comments on the economy, stock markets, politics and gold. Schiff is the renowned writer of the bestseller Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse.
eXTReMe Tracker