The employment report released on Friday confirmed that the U.S. economy is stagnating at best and actively deteriorating at worst. While the numbers of jobs created in July was actually better than many economists expected, it was still far below the levels that would indicate a growing economy.
But more important than the official unemployment rate (which ticked up to 8.3 percent) or the number of jobs created, is the number of people who have left the workforce out of frustration or despair. This number continues to head higher.
The labor force participation rate, which is the percentage of healthy working age Americans who actually have jobs, is at one of the lowest points since women first started working en masse in the 1970's. - in Schiff Radio
Related: SPDR SP 500 ETF (SPY), SPDR Dow Jones Industrials ETF (DIA)
Peter Schiff`s comments on the economy, stock markets, politics and gold. Schiff is the renowned writer of the bestseller Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse.
- ► 2013 (395)
- Romney Is More Likely To Entertain A Free Market S...
- There's A Direct Correlation Between The Size Of A...
- The Key To Escaping Poverty Is Productivity
- Schiff On Fox Business News: Live From Tampa, FL
- In Many Countries Gasoline Is A Luxury
- Gold Standard And A Membership In The Flat Earth S...
- Paper Money: Every Time It Has Been Used, It Has L...
- Republicans Considering The Return To The Gold Sta...
- BookTV Interview at FreedomFest 2012
- QE3 Was Never Off The Table
- The Fed Readies QE3, Republicans Re-Consider The G...
- CNBC Video: The Fundamentals Are Phenomenal For Go...
- The Real Sovereign Debt Crisis
- More QE`s Than Rocky Movies
- Video: Gold Breaks Out
- Akin, Rape And Abortion: The Truth Behind The Cont...
- What About Money Causes Economic Crises?
- As Our Standard Of Living Declines...
- The Debate Over Balancing The Federal Budget Has B...
- Endless QE, Ryan Budget All Hope No Change, Has Th...
- Video: The Estate Tax Needs To Die
- Video: Gold Lease Rate & Gold Prices
- Industrial Cities Vs. College Towns
- Paying More Money For Food
- The Risk Is Not Properly Perceived
- The Perfect Storm
- 2008 Was Just An Overture
- The Glory Days Are Over For The Bond Market
- Interest Rates Cannot Stay Low Forever
- The U.S. Economy Is Stagnating At Best And Activel...
- Medicine Doesn't Taste Good Sometimes
- Fox Business Video Interview
- The Counter Flow Into Gold Will Be Tremendous
- Gold: Surprises To The Upside
- Social Media: A Lot Of These Companies Are Going T...
- If You Thought 2008 Was Bad...You Ain't Seen Nothi...
- ▼ August (36)
- ► 2011 (308)
- ► 2010 (300)
- ► 2009 (280)