Naturally, people want to be rich and when they are free to profit by satisfying people's desires through ingenuity, creativity and hard work, they will do so. This not only causes them to be productive in meeting the desires of others, but causes others to be productive in meeting their desires.
Despite its best intentions, the biggest obstacle to this freedom is government interference in the form of punitive taxation and over-regulation. In fact there's a direct correlation between the size of a country's government as a share of its GDP (gross domestic product) to its level of poverty. - in Eristical
Peter Schiff`s comments on the economy, stock markets, politics and gold. Schiff is the renowned writer of the bestseller Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse.
- ► 2013 (395)
- Romney Is More Likely To Entertain A Free Market S...
- There's A Direct Correlation Between The Size Of A...
- The Key To Escaping Poverty Is Productivity
- Schiff On Fox Business News: Live From Tampa, FL
- In Many Countries Gasoline Is A Luxury
- Gold Standard And A Membership In The Flat Earth S...
- Paper Money: Every Time It Has Been Used, It Has L...
- Republicans Considering The Return To The Gold Sta...
- BookTV Interview at FreedomFest 2012
- QE3 Was Never Off The Table
- The Fed Readies QE3, Republicans Re-Consider The G...
- CNBC Video: The Fundamentals Are Phenomenal For Go...
- The Real Sovereign Debt Crisis
- More QE`s Than Rocky Movies
- Video: Gold Breaks Out
- Akin, Rape And Abortion: The Truth Behind The Cont...
- What About Money Causes Economic Crises?
- As Our Standard Of Living Declines...
- The Debate Over Balancing The Federal Budget Has B...
- Endless QE, Ryan Budget All Hope No Change, Has Th...
- Video: The Estate Tax Needs To Die
- Video: Gold Lease Rate & Gold Prices
- Industrial Cities Vs. College Towns
- Paying More Money For Food
- The Risk Is Not Properly Perceived
- The Perfect Storm
- 2008 Was Just An Overture
- The Glory Days Are Over For The Bond Market
- Interest Rates Cannot Stay Low Forever
- The U.S. Economy Is Stagnating At Best And Activel...
- Medicine Doesn't Taste Good Sometimes
- Fox Business Video Interview
- The Counter Flow Into Gold Will Be Tremendous
- Gold: Surprises To The Upside
- Social Media: A Lot Of These Companies Are Going T...
- If You Thought 2008 Was Bad...You Ain't Seen Nothi...
- ▼ August (36)
- ► 2011 (308)
- ► 2010 (300)
- ► 2009 (280)