January 14, 2011

Bond Investing: The Most Important Thing Is The Strength Of The Currency Where My Yields Are Coming From.

"As an investor, the most important thing for me is the strength of the currency where my yields are coming from. We have Canadian bonds in my bond fund. If I’m a bond investor, it’s the only thing that matters really. I’m not worried about Canada defaulting. But I would be worried about Canada inflating. When you’re a bond investor, you want purchasing power. … I have to make sure the currency that I own [for clients] is going to deliver that purchasing power in the future. So the currency value is paramount." - in www.theglobeandmail.com

Related: Canadian Dollar, CurrencyShares Canadian Dollar Trust (NYSE:FXC)

Peter Schiff`s comments on the economy, stock markets, politics and gold. Schiff is the renowned writer of the bestseller Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse.
eXTReMe Tracker