It would be a very helpful development if we cut 1.5 trillion dollars from the budget. The economy would be in great shape, especially if we accompanied those cuts with a big reduction in government rules and regulation that inhibit the hiring process. Then we could hire all the people who get laid off from government jobs, and get those who aren’t currently working into productive employment. All that would happen if we could chop 1.5 trillion dollars from government spending, because that spending is inhibiting the economy from growing right now.
But there’s always going to be some transitionary pain when you move away from a bubble economy to a real economy. But the bubble’s going to burst eventually anyway, so if we pop it ourselves, it’s better than if we wait for it to happen on its own. - in index universe
Related: SPDR S&P 500 Index ETF (SPY), ProShares UltraShort S&P500 (ETF) (NYSE:SDS)
Peter Schiff`s comments on the economy, stock markets, politics and gold. Schiff is the renowned writer of the bestseller Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse.
- Video: Free Market Capitalism
- Gold: The Rally Will Gather Momentum As The Year Progresses
- U.S. Dollar: The World Has A Lot More Confidence Than They Should
- Video: Confiscating Excess Wealth
- Dow Jones Industrials & Gold Parity
- Video: The Federal Reserve Will Not End QE
- What Is Full Employment To Janet Yellen?
- Momentum Stocks Are Having Trouble
- Quantitative Easing (QE) Is An Euphemism For Inflation
- China: No Evidence That Demand For Gold Will Slow
- ► 2013 (395)
- ► 2012 (438)
- Over The Past 50 Years, The US Debt Ceiling Has Be...
- Any Dip In Metals Prices From A Settlement Is Like...
- There’s Always Going To Be Some Transitionary Pain...
- The World Doesn’t Want To Lend Us $2 Trillion A Ye...
- So We Have To Default And The Question Is What For...
- Gold Is Going To Go Higher As The Dollar Continues...
- There Are No Monuments for Compromise
- 50 USD Is Now The Resistance In Silver
- All The Talk About US Default...
- What`s Driving Gold?
- Mr. Bernanke’s Incompetence Will Destroy The Value...
- Bernanke Told Congress That Gold Is Not Money, Peo...
- All The Talk About Default...
- Ben Bernanke Proves Once Again That He Is Either A...
- The Game Of Competitive Currency Debasement
- The Default Risk
- US Debt Ceiling Talks In Deadlock
- Both Taxes And Spending Are Likely To Head Higher ...
- Government Stimulus Is Not Creating Jobs
- Jobs: It Was An Abysmal Report
- Weak Seasonality For Metals
- This System Of Money By Government Fiat Is Unsusta...
- ▼ July (22)
- ► 2010 (300)
- ► 2009 (280)