With fiscal time bombs ticking in both Europe and the United States, the pertinent question for now seems to be which will explode first. For much of the past few months, it looked as if Europe was set to blow. But Angela Merkel’s refusal to support a Federal Reserve-style bailout of European sovereigns, as well as her recent statement the she had no Hank Paulson-style fiscal bazooka in her handbag, has lowered the heat.
In contrast, the utter failure of the Congressional Super Committee in the United States to come up with any shred of success in addressing America’s fiscal problems has sparked a renewed realization that America’s fuse is dangerously short.
Related, ProShares UltraShort 20+ Year Treasuries ETF (TBT), iShares Barclays 20+ Year Treasury Bond ETF (TLT), iShares MSCI Germany Index Fund ETF (EWG), iShares MSCI Italy Index ETF (EWI), iShares MSCI Spain Index ETF (EWP)
Peter Schiff`s comments on the economy, stock markets, politics and gold. Schiff is the renowned writer of the bestseller Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse.
- Video: Free Market Capitalism
- Gold: The Rally Will Gather Momentum As The Year Progresses
- U.S. Dollar: The World Has A Lot More Confidence Than They Should
- Video: Confiscating Excess Wealth
- Dow Jones Industrials & Gold Parity
- Video: The Federal Reserve Will Not End QE
- What Is Full Employment To Janet Yellen?
- Momentum Stocks Are Having Trouble
- Quantitative Easing (QE) Is An Euphemism For Inflation
- China: No Evidence That Demand For Gold Will Slow
- ► 2013 (395)
- ► 2012 (438)
- Loud And Clear Bell Ringing To Buy Precious Metals...
- Merkel Wants The Euro To Be The Strongest Currency...
- I Think QE3 Is Going To Happen
- The US Is Crystal Clear In Its Intention To Ignore...
- Safe Haven Demand For The US Dollar May Be Short L...
- Europe Vs US: Which Will Explode First?
- You Don`t Drive An Economy By Consuming
- Printing Money Is Merely Taxation In Another Form
- The Main Problem The Past Number Of Years Is We Sp...
- Video Interview On Fox Business
- Using A Dixie Cup To Bail Water From A Sinking Oce...
- Video Market Update
- Schiff Radio: Silver, Euro Outlook
- Our Government Doesn't Have Enough Spare Cash To B...
- I Do Not Like To Say That The Government Creates J...
- US Dollar’s Day Of Reckoning
- Thoughts On Developing A Business
- Starting A Business
- I Don`t See A Bright Future For The US Dollar
- There Will Be A Debt Hangover That Will Last For Y...
- Downgrading France Debt: What Was Behind The Mista...
- Italy Has A Problem But So Has The U.S.
- Video: Market Update
- Student Loans & Education Costs
- Gold Stocks Are Cheap
- RT.com Video: Real Wages, Unions
- Greece: They Will Face A Big Decline In Their Stan...
- If Inflation Is Accurately Reflected, The US Econo...
- Video Interview: Market Update, European Crisis
- The US Economy Is Getting Worse, Not Better
- Long Term Forecast: The US Dollar Faces A Bigger B...
- Gold And Silver At Discount Prices
- Occupy Wall Street: "They Aren't Protesting Capita...
- The 2 Faces Of Capitalism
- Occupy Wall Street Showdown: Wall Street CEO Takes...
- ▼ November (35)
- ► 2010 (300)
- ► 2009 (280)