In the meantime, the prospect of sovereign default in Europe is driving “safe haven" demand for the dollar. So, contrary to the political blame game, Europe’s problems are actually providing a temporary boost to America’s bubble economy. However, a resolution to the crisis in Europe could reverse those flows. And given the discipline emanating from Berlin, a real solution is not out of the question.
If confidence can be restored there, each episodic flight to safety may be less focused on the US dollar. Instead, risk-averse investors may prefer a basket of other, higher-yielding, more fiscally sustainable currencies. - in europac.net
Related, PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bullish (UUP), PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bearish (UDN)
Peter Schiff`s comments on the economy, stock markets, politics and gold. Schiff is the renowned writer of the bestseller Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse.
- Gold: The Rally Will Gather Momentum As The Year Progresses
- U.S. Dollar: The World Has A Lot More Confidence Than They Should
- Video: Confiscating Excess Wealth
- Dow Jones Industrials & Gold Parity
- Video: The Federal Reserve Will Not End QE
- What Is Full Employment To Janet Yellen?
- Momentum Stocks Are Having Trouble
- Quantitative Easing (QE) Is An Euphemism For Inflation
- China: No Evidence That Demand For Gold Will Slow
- Video: The Bullish Case For Gold
- ► 2013 (395)
- ► 2012 (438)
- Loud And Clear Bell Ringing To Buy Precious Metals...
- Merkel Wants The Euro To Be The Strongest Currency...
- I Think QE3 Is Going To Happen
- The US Is Crystal Clear In Its Intention To Ignore...
- Safe Haven Demand For The US Dollar May Be Short L...
- Europe Vs US: Which Will Explode First?
- You Don`t Drive An Economy By Consuming
- Printing Money Is Merely Taxation In Another Form
- The Main Problem The Past Number Of Years Is We Sp...
- Video Interview On Fox Business
- Using A Dixie Cup To Bail Water From A Sinking Oce...
- Video Market Update
- Schiff Radio: Silver, Euro Outlook
- Our Government Doesn't Have Enough Spare Cash To B...
- I Do Not Like To Say That The Government Creates J...
- US Dollar’s Day Of Reckoning
- Thoughts On Developing A Business
- Starting A Business
- I Don`t See A Bright Future For The US Dollar
- There Will Be A Debt Hangover That Will Last For Y...
- Downgrading France Debt: What Was Behind The Mista...
- Italy Has A Problem But So Has The U.S.
- Video: Market Update
- Student Loans & Education Costs
- Gold Stocks Are Cheap
- RT.com Video: Real Wages, Unions
- Greece: They Will Face A Big Decline In Their Stan...
- If Inflation Is Accurately Reflected, The US Econo...
- Video Interview: Market Update, European Crisis
- The US Economy Is Getting Worse, Not Better
- Long Term Forecast: The US Dollar Faces A Bigger B...
- Gold And Silver At Discount Prices
- Occupy Wall Street: "They Aren't Protesting Capita...
- The 2 Faces Of Capitalism
- Occupy Wall Street Showdown: Wall Street CEO Takes...
- ▼ November (35)
- ► 2010 (300)
- ► 2009 (280)