August 22, 2012
What About Money Causes Economic Crises?
Rep. Ron Paul sponsored this Congressional lecture on "What About Money Causes Economic Crises?", the concluding lecture in a three part series on the basic principles of money for Congressional staff.
As a continuing educational tool this lecture was filmed and is provided to the public. The lecture was delivered by Peter Schiff, CEO of Euro Pacific Capital and author of Crash Proof: How to Profit From the Coming Economic Collapse and How an Economy Grows and Why It Crashes.
Mr. Schiff explains the fact that the interest rate is a price and that manipulation of that price results in real changes to the capital structure and structure of production within the economy, causing imbalances, booms, and eventually busts in the economy. His lecture also explores how government intervention through labor and employment policies results in diminished employment and an overall reduction in the standard of living.
Peter Schiff`s comments on the economy, stock markets, politics and gold. Schiff is the renowned writer of the bestseller Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse.
- ► 2013 (395)
- Romney Is More Likely To Entertain A Free Market S...
- There's A Direct Correlation Between The Size Of A...
- The Key To Escaping Poverty Is Productivity
- Schiff On Fox Business News: Live From Tampa, FL
- In Many Countries Gasoline Is A Luxury
- Gold Standard And A Membership In The Flat Earth S...
- Paper Money: Every Time It Has Been Used, It Has L...
- Republicans Considering The Return To The Gold Sta...
- BookTV Interview at FreedomFest 2012
- QE3 Was Never Off The Table
- The Fed Readies QE3, Republicans Re-Consider The G...
- CNBC Video: The Fundamentals Are Phenomenal For Go...
- The Real Sovereign Debt Crisis
- More QE`s Than Rocky Movies
- Video: Gold Breaks Out
- Akin, Rape And Abortion: The Truth Behind The Cont...
- What About Money Causes Economic Crises?
- As Our Standard Of Living Declines...
- The Debate Over Balancing The Federal Budget Has B...
- Endless QE, Ryan Budget All Hope No Change, Has Th...
- Video: The Estate Tax Needs To Die
- Video: Gold Lease Rate & Gold Prices
- Industrial Cities Vs. College Towns
- Paying More Money For Food
- The Risk Is Not Properly Perceived
- The Perfect Storm
- 2008 Was Just An Overture
- The Glory Days Are Over For The Bond Market
- Interest Rates Cannot Stay Low Forever
- The U.S. Economy Is Stagnating At Best And Activel...
- Medicine Doesn't Taste Good Sometimes
- Fox Business Video Interview
- The Counter Flow Into Gold Will Be Tremendous
- Gold: Surprises To The Upside
- Social Media: A Lot Of These Companies Are Going T...
- If You Thought 2008 Was Bad...You Ain't Seen Nothi...
- ▼ August (36)
- ► 2011 (308)
- ► 2010 (300)
- ► 2009 (280)